The Fireplace and Built in Saga Nears the End

So we are almost there! We have made huge progress on the fireplace & built ins.

The worst part of the built in was getting the last amount of paint out of the grain. We still didn’t get it all, but decided to leave it for our sanity! We decided to attack our other built in too, but I will do a separate post on that one with all the supplies we used as well.

We used provincial hickory stain since that was the color of the hardwood floor we picked out. It isn’t too red, which we liked. We rubbed it with Tung oil because we didn’t want a shiny glossy finish.

Here is the before & after!

Image

Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s