Porch Remodel

The porch originally was going to be knocked down and due to that, I do not have many photos. We decided to keep it for a year or so, as we wanted to spend our money on landscaping first. Eventually we will knock it down and add french doors into the kitchen. For now, we decided to take advantage of the additional sq footage and make it a usable room!

This room had the white/yellow paint and the stick on flooring (like we replaced in the kitchen). It was really dirty and dingy. There is no electricity into the room, so we had to get creative. The walls are paneling and the outside of the house (which is REALLY REALLY hard to nail anything into!).

Befores:

IMG_0268

Kitchen looking into the porch/paneling

IMG_0269

Paneling with stick on flooring

IMG_0271

Nice yellow hue (ugh!)

IMG_0270

Another view of the yellow/paneling

Afters:

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

We kept the flooring and just added a jute rug. The walls are painted with the leftover paint from the hallways.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

The chair was a “free find”! We bought the couch used. The little table was from a thrift store. Overall, this room was furnished for about $400.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

We used string lights for some ad hoc lighting (with an extension cord)

Advertisements

Back Unit Landscaping

Back Entrance Steps

This area looked like a jungle. It also had worn away steps so we landscaped and added new steps!

IMG_0277IMG_0278

IMG_0300

IMG_7972IMG_8710

IMG_8711IMG_0001

Back yard facing our house

Before, the unit had little privacy and over-looked our house. We added a fence to make it more private.

IMG_0299IMG_3332

IMG_0841

IMG_7178

Back unit entrance and steps

We changed these steps too and added flagstone

IMG_0295

IMG_7971IMG_7041

IMG_0837IMG_7065

Patio and Walkway

We added flagstone/landscaping overall

IMG_0297

IMG_9521IMG_8707

4IMG_0003

Other

We build/refurbished a shed for laundry

IMG_0759IMG_2358

Added gravel for parking

back pre paveIMG_7039

Back (Rental) Unit Before & After

Its been a while since I shared, but the back unit is now complete and ready to rent.

Check out the before, during, and afters!

Kitchen

IMG_7053IMG_0293

IMG_5635IMG_7184

IMG_9527IMG_9526

IMG_7060IMG_7062

IMG_7063IMG_7059

Bedroom

IMG_0284IMG_0282

IMG_0283IMG_0320

IMG_7058IMG_7049

Living Room

IMG_0292IMG_0291

IMG_0303

IMG_0291

IMG_0290

IMG_0323 IMG_0319 IMG_0318 IMG_0317

IMG_8704

IMG_0757IMG_0754

IMG_0755IMG_7051

IMG_7056IMG_7055

Bathroom

IMG_0287IMG_0285

IMG_6055IMG_0835

IMG_7334IMG_70465IMG_0834

The Fireplace and Built in Saga Nears the End

So we are almost there! We have made huge progress on the fireplace & built ins.

The worst part of the built in was getting the last amount of paint out of the grain. We still didn’t get it all, but decided to leave it for our sanity! We decided to attack our other built in too, but I will do a separate post on that one with all the supplies we used as well.

We used provincial hickory stain since that was the color of the hardwood floor we picked out. It isn’t too red, which we liked. We rubbed it with Tung oil because we didn’t want a shiny glossy finish.

Here is the before & after!

Image

Image