Back Unit Landscaping

Back Entrance Steps

This area looked like a jungle. It also had worn away steps so we landscaped and added new steps!

IMG_0277IMG_0278

IMG_0300

IMG_7972IMG_8710

IMG_8711IMG_0001

Back yard facing our house

Before, the unit had little privacy and over-looked our house. We added a fence to make it more private.

IMG_0299IMG_3332

IMG_0841

IMG_7178

Back unit entrance and steps

We changed these steps too and added flagstone

IMG_0295

IMG_7971IMG_7041

IMG_0837IMG_7065

Patio and Walkway

We added flagstone/landscaping overall

IMG_0297

IMG_9521IMG_8707

4IMG_0003

Other

We build/refurbished a shed for laundry

IMG_0759IMG_2358

Added gravel for parking

back pre paveIMG_7039

Advertisements

Back (Rental) Unit Before & After

Its been a while since I shared, but the back unit is now complete and ready to rent.

Check out the before, during, and afters!

Kitchen

IMG_7053IMG_0293

IMG_5635IMG_7184

IMG_9527IMG_9526

IMG_7060IMG_7062

IMG_7063IMG_7059

Bedroom

IMG_0284IMG_0282

IMG_0283IMG_0320

IMG_7058IMG_7049

Living Room

IMG_0292IMG_0291

IMG_0303

IMG_0291

IMG_0290

IMG_0323 IMG_0319 IMG_0318 IMG_0317

IMG_8704

IMG_0757IMG_0754

IMG_0755IMG_7051

IMG_7056IMG_7055

Bathroom

IMG_0287IMG_0285

IMG_6055IMG_0835

IMG_7334IMG_70465IMG_0834

Under $400 kitchen remodel

So we were adventurous and decided to remodel our kitchen on a budget. The actual cosmetic work was under $400, although we did add a dishwasher, garbage disposal, and replace the tile.

Products: We used the rustoleum countertop transformations ($20), rustoleum cabinet transformations in espresso ($160 for 2 kits), 3 inch handles ($100 for 20 handles), stick on tile by smart tiles- shhh! ($50 for 6 sheets), and comfort gray for the walls ($20 for 1 gallon). 

Image

Image

 

The cabinet transformations kit was time consuming but well worth it. It was nice that I didn’t need to think about the steps and that the kit was nicely packaged for me. It took me 3 separate weekends to finish. I should have installed the hardware first (I had veneer cabinets so i ended up with splinters/ peeling in the back but since it is on the inside I can live with it!) Enjoy:

Here is the kitchen stock photo from our real estate listing:

Image

 

Post painting, tile, dishwasher, stove swap:

 

Image

 

Added tiling, painted countertop, removed all the cabinet faces (the kitchen may have sat like this for over a month :/)

 

Image

 

Wiped down the cabinets with the first step of the cabinet transformations kit:

Image

 

Painted 2 coats on the cabinets

 

Image

Painted 2 coats on the inside:

Image

 

Painted the glaze and final coat inside:

 

ImageImage

 

Heres a picture with and without the glaze. Since the color was so dark, it just made it slightly 3D and darker.

 

Image

 

Put the cabinets back on:

 

Image

 

And added the hardware!

 

Image

 

Image

 

Image

 

All that is left is adding the light!

Image

 

The Fireplace Saga Continues… aka Built ins

I dont know what I was thinking. Actually, I do know what I was thinking but I didnt expect the labor of love to be this intense! I started out just chipping away a layer of latex over oil paint as it was peeling, and then I just couldnt stop! The top layer came off easily but the bottom paint, definitely lead, needed to be (wet) and safely disposed of. Anyway- I am glad we have not moved in yet so we can totally dispose of any paint pieces and ensure we are not breathing this stuff in. Under this white paint and tile capsule, we have beautiful bones to work with 🙂

IMG_0229

IMG_3632 IMG_3640 IMG_3639